Whether you're a acquiring a dry cleaners for $200,000 or a construction
company for several million, our broker-agents are highly skilled in the
process of acquiring a business, how businesses are valued and in negotiating
the best deal possible. We will help you understand how the value of a business
is derived, help you understand the process of making offers, and help you
negotiate and close the deal with our focus of saving you significant money
in the process.
View Buyer Video
- Schedule a buyer meeting with your Sunbelt of Tampa Bay Business Broker.
- Evaluate the basic information provided to you on alternative businesses
that sound of interest to you.
- Sign a Confidentiality/Disclosure Agreement for businesses of interest.
- Visit the business (if possible) incognito to get a feel for the business.
- Meet with Seller. Your Sunbelt of Tampa Bay Business Broker will arrange
appointments. You may ask general or probing questions on anything and everything
about the business, but this is not the time to negotiate price and terms.
- Do your preliminary evaluation based on the information provided by the
seller to your Broker and to you. Do not necessarily expect the seller to
provide detailed financial information at this time.
- Make an offer assuming that all of the information you have been provided
is correct. Your Broker will show you how to write a contingent offer that
will protect you and allow you to verify all information.
- Negotiate price, terms and conditions. Your Sunbelt of Tampa Bay Business
Broker will mediate all offers and counter-offers until a purchase agreement
is reached between the parties.
- Complete your due diligence. Due diligence begins when the offer is accepted
by the seller. Once a purchase agreement is accepted by both parties, you
will make a closer investigation of the business to confirm, to your satisfaction,
the validity of the information that has been provided to you and if this
matches your offer. This is when the seller will provide all the detail information
you require to back this up.
- Have documents prepared for closing. The closing attorney will not represent
either party. He drafts all necessary legal documents to comply with the
written purchase agreement. You may agree with the seller to share the cost
of the closing attorney. Sunbelt of Tampa Bay can provide the closing attorney
and will coordinate the details of this event for you.
- Close the purchase and begin your first day as the owner of your own
business. The seller will assist in an orderly transition as agreed in the